Here are the answers I’ve received so far.
Anything more than normal kissing – French kissing is making out.
- Kissing from the neck up. Heavy petting, although it may be simultaneously occurring, is a completely different (and wonderful) thing.
- Anything the girl is comfortable doing that isn’t sex.
- Kissing – people should keep their hands to themselves until they’re engaged.
- Hands under clothing.
- Kissing with hands over clothing, and grindage of bodies. Underwear doesn’t count as clothing.
- If time has gone by without you noticing, you’ve been making out.
- Horizontal kissing.
- Involved kissing.
- Intimate physical contact with intention.
- Full out making love.
- Really intense kissing.
- Anything that you wouldn’t be comfortable doing in public.
- Kissing, primarily. Heavy petting belongs to a different commitment level.
I’ve asked 16 people so far, and although I cannot remember every single response, these are the ones that stand out. As you can see, there is a common idea but there are some extremes too.
As for my definition? [a delicious smirk and a giggle…] Well, I think I’m going to have to conduct a little more research before I know that for sure.