Thursday, October 12, 2006

Make New Friends, Keep the Old...

...one is silver, the other gold.

I've always liked silver better than gold, but I am finding that a difficult thing to maintain now that most of my friends are involved in a rehearsal process without me. The people that I have hung out with for the last two years are all busy when I'm not, and when they are done I have to go to a rehearsal of my own. I've been joking about not seeing them until their show is up, but it's turning out to be true and that isn't funny anymore.

And to make matters worse, it's only been two days. How am I supposed to tolerate this for another three weeks? It sucks. I'm okay with not being in the Christmas show. I'm not upset that I am not going to be on Main Stage - but it is hard to not be in on the process that all of my friends are in on. They will get their own set of rehearsal jokes, their own memories that I will not be a part of, and I won't see them much until November.

I've been owly for the last two days, and though I've blamed it on being sick, at least a part of it has been this feeling of disconnection I have from my class and my friends. I guess I'm going to have to get over it, or else spend the next month being a gold medal grump.

Wouldn't that be a good way to make new friends?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right now I feel totally lost without my friends.. three of them are in Edmonton, and one is in Grande Prairie (and I'm never there!) and Dan is home so late everyday. I'm beginning to learn how to have meaningful conversations on the phone rather than face-to-face. (Does this mean I'm growing up? eek!)
And yes making new friends can be the greatest thing ever. by the way, how is s? ;)

Pru said...

Phones are a marvelous invention, but they only work when your friends are available on the other end! S. is doing pretty well...he's enjoying rehearsals and the nasty bug that has been his constant friend and companion is finally moving on. It is strange to cram time in on weekends, but absence kind of does make the heart grow fonder - and we certainly can't get sick of each other now!