Monday, September 03, 2007

First Day of School

I'm working at the office today, helping new students by taking their money. It doesn't sound helpful, seeing as students don't tend to have a lot of money, but it does mean that their education gets paid for since I'm not actually keeping their money - I pass it on to the school accounts.
This does mean I have a lot of extra time to do nothing. I forgot my books at home - I planned on finishing "Who Has Seen The Wind" today. I haven't ever read that book before, can you believe it? 23 years old and never read a Canadian classic. Thanks to Troll for filling the gaps in my education - he also introduced me to blues, which I had never heard! I guess when your parents listen to Pink Floyd and Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show on one hand, and various soothing tunes without band names on the other, blues kind of gets lost. Guess Who is the closest I've gotten.
However, W.O. got left at home so now I have nothing to enrich my mind with except the internet, and the benefits are somewhat doubtable.
To be perfectly frank...I'm bored.
But my life is really good so I don't mind.
By which I mean that I'm over the worst of my mono...and I feel normal again.
Smiles all around...

1 comment:

Duckie said...

wow.. you're life is sooo busy! I get stressed with just work.. sheesh!