Friday, October 17, 2008

Done!

My last day at the Coal Mine. I'm done forever, unless some cruel twist of fate sends me back there, grovelling, for a job next summer.

I really hope that doesn't happen.

On my last day I:

  • Took a group of 7th graders around the site, yelling and glaring at them once when they almost ran me over with a coal cart. They were really well behaved after that - too bad that was at the end of their tour.
  • Took another group of 7th graders around the site, yelling at them when they interupted me one too many times - "I'm not done talking!". After that they were more attentive. Again, too bad it was at the end of their tour.
  • Got applauded by one group of 7th graders at the end of the tour.
  • Got applauded by one group of 7th graders at the beginning of the tour.
  • Got upstaged by a dead baby rabbit and brushed it off by saying, "You've just experienced the circle of life".
  • Forgot to remove the bunny before the second tour and got upstaged again. This time I told them all it was a stuffed animal some toddler had lost. Most of them believed me, especially after I spun a yarn of how we'd reunited a toddler with his expensive teddy bear he lost on site.
  • After the tours I went and tossed the baby bunny into some long grass. Good thing I grew up on a farm.

A good way to end the summer, I think.

No comments: