Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Pocket Rocks

This is what I wore yesterday. Yes, all at the same time.

Modern underwear.
Long johns
2 pairs of socks.
Jeans.
A long sleeved shirt.
Rubber boots.
A petticoat.
A skirt in the style of the 1870's.
A bodice in the same style.
A bustle fluff thing.
1 knitted shawl.
2 capes, one long and thin and one short and wool.
2 scarves.
1 1870's hat.
1 pair long gloves.
1 umbrella - I didn't exactly wear it but I had it on my person all day so it almost counts.

And I was still cold. So I added a little bag with a pocket rock in it. Pocket rocks are rocks that you heat up on a woodstove until they're too hot to touch and you have to hold them in little quilted bags. They warm your hands and are the best invention in the world.

Today I have the day off and I have finally warmed up. There is no way I could live here all year round. No way at all.

No comments: