Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Love

Someone asked me today, "What does love feel like?"

I didn't know how to answer.  How do you answer that?  What does love feel like?

I'm getting married in four months.  In four months from this exact moment, I will be married.  This morning I said love felt different at different times: giddy and light and floating some days, grounded and connected and safe others.

I wanted to say it was also wonderful knowing that you might fight but you were still rock solid as a couple, that you'd still have each other's backs.  I didn't say that but I thought it.

I just had my first wedding planning meltdown.  I probably should have included the fighting thing in my description of what love feels like.

Because based on that meltdown, we're fricken head over heels.

No comments: