Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And Now Z. is at the Door

It's been a week.

I've been pondering instead of writing.  Thinking instead of sitting down and letting my fingers zoom over the keys and click out nonsense, wit, deep thoughts, anything at all.  Sometimes I forget that thinking is an important part of writing.

And sometimes I forget that writing is an important part of writing.

I want to submit scripts to 10 different places this year.  To do that I'll have to do more than just think.

I want to polish my novel and get my 5 free copies.  I'll have to stop musing and start typing to get that done.

I get frustrated with myself.  I love writing.  I hate writing.  I can't go more than a day without picking up a pen and scribbling something down, some form of my thoughts expressed with symbols on a page.  But sometimes it is so, so hard to get myself seated in a chair, without distractions, document open and words flowing in a story that I have an actual deadline to finish.  Even if - especially if - it's a self-imposed deadline.

And now, when I get a bit of a flow going, Z. is at the door waiting to go out to get a flow of her own going, if you know what I mean.

Sigh.

Sometimes it is hard to remember that thinking is an important part of writing.

Sometimes it is hard to remember that not giving up is an important part of writing too.

No comments: