Monday, January 14, 2013

The Dress

What have I been musing about these last few days?  You know, the days when I didn't write anything?

It hasn't been anything deep or profound.  How to kill five animals from my horse in Assassin's Creed III.  Whether I should play Diablo III or watch The Vampire Diaries on Netflix (The Vampire Diaries won out - incidentally, on FB they abbreviate that show as "VD" - worst abbreviation ever but it makes me smirk).  Whether Z. should be eating cotton batting from her crack-pup or not.  What I should make for supper, and whether I have a migraine or an earache (it's an earache).

But today I ordered my wedding dress.  That's not deep or profound either, but I'm super excited!  I can't stop smiling.  I feel myself light up when I think of how I look in that particular gown, and it surprises me.  I had no idea I'd care so much about what I look like on my wedding day.  I always thought spending wedding-dress-money on a wedding dress was stupid.  So much money for something you wear once!  But goodness, it's so beautiful.  And I look so great in it.  And I really want to look good for my groom.  Elegant, womanly, beautiful.  I look like a bride (which makes sense seeing it's a wedding dress) and I can't wait to see his face when he sees me walking towards him, to make our two lives one.

He's sitting across from me, checking his email or something, and he has no idea of all the thoughts bubbling around in my head and in my heart.  And I have no idea how to communicate them to him, or if I even need to, or if I should.

Some feelings are too big for words to express.

So his face, on our wedding day, will be the expression of a thousand words I cannot say.  And mine will mirror those words back to him.

And hopefully that will be enough.

No comments: